September 5, 2009

"K"

is for kindergarten!


Izac started kindergarten on Thursday. He was fine, and acted all excited about it. Then it was time for me to go and he had a MAJOR meltdown! I had to just walk away, as if it wasn't already hard enough. Thankfully, when I picked him up, his teacher said he was fine after about 2 minutes, then the rest of the day he talked about how much fun he had, and how he loved school . When he was having his meltdown I asked him why he didn't tell me he was scared before we got there, and he said,I was just pretending to be excited. The next day when we were on our way to school I asked him if he was going to cry again, he said, no I only do that on the first day. I guess he's like his momma, and the unknown scares him! I really think he's going to like school, he's seemed to love it so far! When we move into our house we'll only be 6 houses away, how convenient! Can't wait until then, I have to drive him there for the next month.
P.S. kudos to all those teachers out there, I can't even imagine all the work you do to help our kids. It's funny, the things you finally realize when you have kids! I'm going to try to be as involved and help as much as I can with my kids classes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute-crazy that you have a kid in kinder. Weird. Last night we watched some old footage and it was halloween when you were cruella and izac was a dalmation. He was so little...it's weird how fast kids grow up!

Krista Smith said...

WAAY GOOD!
Kindergarten is the very best.
I want to teach it.