August 11, 2008

What a week!!!

First of all we had a fabulous week this past week!!! It was crazy busy, but well worth it. Other than the part where my sister moved to California, once again leaving me as the only one in the family still here in the Salt Lake area. ( We won't talk too much about it, it'll make me cry if I think about it too much). THANKS to everyone who was a part of this weekend!!!

The little man is one, how did that happen so fast? We had a good day with our little family on Alex's actual birthday, and then threw a Luau party the next day. It was a good time, and if you know me, I love to throw a good party, I tend to go a little overboard. (I learned some thank you etiquette this weekend (thanks Lindsay), and still am slacking (you're supposed to thank people for gifts within 24 hours of receiving), I know this really doesn't count, but it's better than not thanking you at all). Thanks for all the gifts for Alex, and for coming to celebrate with us!

We didn't get to a family reunion on Saturday. However we attended the wedding of one of Justin's best friends Porter, who married Sara. We were invited to the temple, and then to the dinner and reception. It was a super fun, beautiful, and special day! Thanks for inviting us to share in your special day, and we look forward to getting to know Sara better!

Sunday we attended the homecoming of my cousin Scott, who just returned from his mission in Brazil. It was so good to see him, and all the progress he has made. We love him and his family, and had a great Sunday afternnon spending time with them and all our other extended family who were there.

Here's a sneak peak of the party, I'll post a slideshow, later if I can find a speck of time to make one.

2 comments:

Shantelle said...

Alex is SO cute! I still can't believe it has been one year since we brought you dinner from the fabulous PF. Sounds like you had an awesome party and weekend!

The Eberhardts said...

that was such a fun party. i am still drooling over that dinner and those cookies! i need recipes!!!